Notice: We remain committed to protecting our clients during the COVID-19 crisis. Our law firm is OPEN and available to assist new and existing clients. Please call us today to schedule a phone or video consultation with an attorney.

Our Immigration Lawyers Answer Commonly Asked Questions We Can Provide Effective Legal Help for Your Immigration Case.

Frequently Asked Questions

Concerns Addressed by Houston Immigration Lawyers

No matter what your immigration needs are, the immigration process can be incredibly difficult to understand. Without a knowledgeable and informed immigration attorneys by your side to help you through the process, deciphering, translating, or comprehending the various complexities of immigration law may seem impossible. That is why our attorneys at Lopez & Rhodes PLLC have taken the time to prepare a list of common questions that thye receive at the firm when assisting clients with their immigration matters. Take the time to read through the set of questions below. By gaining a better understanding of your own situation, you can determine just how the Houston immigration attorneys at Lopez & Rhodes PLLC can help you.

Have more questions? Call Lopez & Rhodes PLLC at (832) 514-4879!

If your specific question or scenario was not included in the list below of, do not be discouraged. Remember, immigration law is complex, and each person's experience is unique. As a result, including every possible circumstance would be nearly impossible. Attorney Lopez can answer your specific question in detail when you consult her firm.

By taking a moment to fill out a case evaluation form, you can take advantage of a consultation with a member of the team, either in person or over the phone. By speaking directly to the firm's Houston immigration lawyers, you can have all of your pressing questions or concerns addressed. Contact the firm to speak to someone who can assist you in your immigration case.

  • What is the difference between naturalization and citizenship?
    Naturalization is also known as the legal process of obtaining citizenship in the United States. Citizenship, on the other hand, can either be obtained through birth - if you were born in the U.S. or had parents who were citizens at the time of your birth - or through the process of naturalization. While the two terms are closely related, they are mistakenly used interchangeably. If you are applying for citizenship as an immigrant, you will need to complete the naturalization process.
  • How do I become a naturalized citizen in the United States?
    The first step to becoming a naturalized citizen is by determining eligibility for citizenship. In general, individuals can be eligible for citizenship if they are at least 18 years old, have been a permanent resident for at least 5 years (or at least 3 years if married to a U.S. citizen), and meet all other eligibility requirements. If you are eligible, filing an application for naturalization should be the next step. By enlisting in the help of Houston immigration attorney Jennifer A. Correro, you can make sure that your application is filled out correctly and processed. Once your application is accepted, you must go through the final stages of successfully completing an interview, passing a history and English language test, and taking the Oath of Allegiance to the United States.
  • What happens if my request for naturalization is denied?
    If your request for naturalization is denied, you can appeal the decision. With the help of an immigration attorney, you can request a hearing to appeal the decision. Appeal requests must be filed within 30 days of the initial decision date. Any appeals received after the time limit expires will not be accepted, and denial for naturalization will be final.
  • What is the immigration reform bill? Does it affect me?
    The Immigration Reform Bill of 2013 could potentially put millions of immigrants who live in the U.S. on the road to citizenship. The bill could especially benefit immigrants who came to the U.S. as children by putting them on a five-year path to lawful permanent residency and expedited citizenship.
  • My loved one is being detained for deportation. What can I do?
    First, it is advised that you act swiftly. Never go into a deportation case blind or alone. Seeking strong legal guidance as soon as possible could help ensure that your loved one stays in the country and your family stays together. The agencies that are trying to deport your loved one must prove that your loved one must be deported due to violation of immigrant laws or for being guilty of committing a crime. With an aggressive legal deportation defense, your loved one could remain innocent and avoid deportation.

Contact Us Today!

    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.